The majority of the Canadian golf industry is feeling more optimistic about the Canadian economy in 2013 compared to the previous five years. Respondents to the current GNN Poll indicate that, as of this writing, 47 per cent felt a little more optimistic, while nine per cent were feeling much more optimistic for a total of 56 per cent, compared to the 38 per cent who feel the economy will be about the same. Only six per cent said they feel more pessimistic in 2013. You can still add your vote on the GNN home page … The land on which the Okanagan Golf Club in Kelowna is built is up for sale, but Golf BC, which has a 50-year lease, will continue to run the golf operation, which includes two 18-hole courses. For more on that, see Brad Ziemer’s story in the Vancouver Sun here … Out east in Montreal, a developer has submitted a request to build as many as 1,500 units on the Meadowbrook Golf Course, but has experienced a municipal snag. For more, see this story by Rene Bruemmer in the Montreal Gazette … A perfect example of how ridiculous this anchored putting controversy has become is the accusation that Keegan Bradley is a cheat, even though the practice is still well within the rules. Bradley explains in this story from Golf Digest by Dave Shedloski … Robert Thompson reports here that Angus Glen in Markham, Ont., will make extensive renovations to its South Course.
You are here: /
- MacKay Makes It Three In A Row For Top Honours In Atlantic PGA Professional Recognition Program
- NGCOA Canada Data Shows 25.5 Per Cent Increase In Rounds Played In July Year Over Year
- Industry Notes: Provincial Parks Yes, But Golf Courses No In Ontario And More
- Industry Notes: TaylorMade’s Gift To Front Line Health Care Workers And More
- Industry Notes: Levelwear Getting Behind Front-Line Workers And Kids, Ontario Extends Emergency Order And More