The Stanley Thompson Society is holding its Western Classic on July 16 at Waterton Lakes Golf Course in Waterton Park, Alta. The day will include lunch, golf, cart and a celebratory barbecue dinner. Cost for members of the Stanley Thompson Society is $155. Cost for non-members is $170. Registration is here … Amateurs A.J. Ewart of Coquitlam, B.C., and Johnny Travale of Stoney Creek, Ont., have been added to the field for next week’s RBC Canadian Open, along with Korn Ferry Tour player Stuart Macdonald … Stephen Ames, who finished second, called out the “ridiculous” pace of play in the final round on Sunday. “Five hours and 20 minutes, if anybody was counting,” said Ames. “Every week, it’s the same thing,” he added. “You get a rhythm going and you start, you stop, you start, you stop, it’s hard to get into that nice little rhythm. If you’re constantly in a slow rhythm that you constantly play with, that’s your rhythm.” … The deadline for nominations for the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association/Bayer Superintendent of the Year Award is June 30 … This week’s GNN Poll asks readers if the golf operations where they work got off to an early start or were a little slow out of the gate in opening due to weather or other factors? Or did they open at the usual time? As of this writing, 55 per cent of respondents said they opened about the same time as usual, with 42 per cent saying they opened later than usual. Three per cent said earlier than usual. If you haven’t voted already, you can do so on the GNN home page.
You are here: /
- Notes: Stanley Thompson Society Western Classic, Who’s Playing Where This Week And More
- Notes: The Return Of Brooke Henderson, Ames Defends Title This Week And More
- Notes: RBC Canadian Open Weather Report, Up For Hall Of Fame And More
- Notes: Ames Defends Champions Title, PGA Tour Canada Season Begins, Tee Times And More
- Notes: Tri-Society Stanley Thompson Classic, Tee Times, Awards And More