ORLANDO, Fla. – RBC was back at it again after making several announcements that affect Canadian golf last week.
Read that story here.
On Thursday, the title sponsor of the Canadian Open was introduced as an official patron of the PGA of America, that association’s highest level of partnership and designation, during the first day of the PGA Merchandise Show at the Orange County Convention Center.
The PGA Official Patron program is designed to position each patron within the golf industry by becoming a category-exclusive provider of products and services to the PGA of America, which includes more than 28,000 people.
“The PGA brand represents the gold standard in golf and we seek to align our brand with proven leaders in their respective industries,” said PGA of America chief executive officer Joe Steranka.
“Golf’s global expansion as well as our efforts to grow the game through Play Golf America, will benefit from RBC’s commitment to our members and major championships,” added Steranka.
RBC will co-develop member benefits programs for PGA professionals and facilities staffed by association members, including a program that provides access to education, financial guidance and wealth management solutions.
“This partnership represents an exceptional opportunity and an ideal platform to reach our target market and to build the RBC brand in the U.S. and internationally,” said Jim Little, chief brand and communications officer for RBC.
“We have taken a purposeful approach to building our golf program and we are proud to step up as the official bank of the PGA of America,” added Little.
“This relationship opens the door to significant benefits, including brand exposure with a highly attractive audience, client hospitality and new business development potential with thousands of members of the PGA of America.”
The agreement will also provide RBC with visibility and marketing exposure at high-profile PGA of America events through 2012 including:
Official Bank of the PGA of America
- Official Patron of the PGA Championship, Senior PGA Championship, PGA Grand Slam of Golf
- Official Bank of the PGA Championship, Senior PGA Championship, PGA Grand Slam of Golf
- Official Supporter of the 2010 and 2012 Ryder Cup
Co-presenting Sponsor of PGA Play Golf America Days
- Among the activities and sponsorship opportunities that RBC will have in the program are:
Serving as host to a Fan Experience at PGA Championships and the 2012 Ryder Cup
- Providing exclusive ATM service for spectators at select PGA major championships
Sponsor of the golf shop cashier program at the PGA Championship, Senior PGA Championship and 2012 Ryder Cup.
- Serving as a co-presenting sponsor of PGA Play Golf America Days and at similar activities that incorporate the PGA professional brand of golf instruction in key financial centres and markets in advance of the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup.
- Supporting the PGA Championship, Ryder Cup and PGA Grand Slam of Golf through various media commitments, including on-air, online and print